Barolo DOCG Bricco San Pietro
Manzone Fratelli - Piemonte, Italy
Product Code: FMA011R
Serving Temp. 18-20 °C | Storage Temp. 13-15 °C
“Close your eyes and imagine an evening in the cold, dark, hard foothills of the Alps. A fire smoulders in the hearth of a stone farmhouse; game is being roasted in the old oven. Wine in this setting is more than just wine. It is reassurance; it is solace, it’s a unique emotion…”
Barolo “Bricco San Pietro” from Manzone’s family comes from one of the greatest terroirs of the Langhe hills (south-eastern Piedmont). “Fraschin” Vineyards, in the Monforte village, with a south-westerly exposure, are characterised by clay, tuff, sand, and silt left behind by the withdrawal of the Sea Padano about 16 million years ago. These alternating layers give this wine complexity, finesse, structure and elegance, all features that the Manzone brothers seek in their traditional vinification techniques, using indigenous yeasts, gentle extraction and ageing in older, large Slovenian “foudres”. Beautifully aromatic, a classic Barolo from one of the greatest terroirs in the region, rated 95/100 points by Wine Enthusiast.
Purchase Price £42.90 (incl. VAT and Import Tax)
Purchase Option: Mix&Match
- Grapes: 100% Nebbiolo
- Vintage: 2012
- Soil: clayey limestone marl
- Colour: garnet red colour and with orange reflexes which appear on ageing
- Nose: scent of fruit and spices with strains of jam, raspberry, strawberry, vanilla, cocoa and cinnamon
- Taste: fragrant blue flower, woodland berry, dark spice and pine forest aromas that lead the way. A great structure and aromatic persistence
- Vinification/Maturing: soft pressing after de-stemming of the grapes that precedes maceration in a temperature controlled environment for 20 days. The wine is then aged for 30/36 months in large Slavonian oak barrels. In the month of August after 3 years from the harvest, the wine is bottled and must be kept in bottles lying horizontally in the cellars for at least 6 months
- Ageing Potential: its structure will allow this wine to be kept for 10 years+, stored lying down horizontally in a cellar, further enhancing the great character
- Food Match: meat starters and highly savoury first course dishes, red meats stewed or braise and with matured cheeses.
- Recommended Glass: balloon glasses with decanting
Rated 95/100 by Wine Enthusiast, Barolo Bricco San Pietro presents fragrant blue flower, woodland berry, dark spice and pine forest aromas that lead the way. It’s racy, focused and loaded with chiseled finesse, delivering juicy red cherry, crushed cranberry, cinnamon and star anise. Tightly knit, refined tannins and firm acidity provide the backbone.
- Minimum order quantity is 3 bottles from any wine
- Total order quantity must be a multiple of 3 bottles from any wine
- Case Only products can be purchased in cases of 6 bottles (and its multiples) only
- Mix&Match products can be purchased individually and mixed to match the total order quantity
- All Purchase prices shown are inclusive of VAT and Import Duties. Shipping charges are excluded and calculated at the Checkout
- Discounts for individual products are shown as separate promo price. Discounts for orders are shown in the Barrel and applied at the Checkout
- FREE gifts and gadgets are shown in the Barrel view and can be added or removed from the order
- FREE Shipping is available for all orders above £99 for mainland UK, and above £350 for all other areas
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.