Franciacorta Rosé DOCG (Organic)
Santa Lucia - Lombardy, Italy
Product Code: SLC001P
Serving Temp. 8-10 °C | Storage Temp. 4-7 °C
Franciacorta’ Rose’ is the expression of the best cuvée of Pinot noir and Chardonnay grapes that give the energy to this Franciacorta. Full bodied, fragrant, with scents of berries, sapid, enveloping are the key words that better define Santa Lucia’s Franciacorta DOCG Rose’ . This exclusive wine is a round and delicate sparkling that represents simultaneously the freshness and smoothness of the Chardonnay grapes and the complexity and intensity given by Pinot Noir. A further confirmation, together with Franciacorta Satèn, of the powerful Franciacorta terroir and all the different landscapes that characterise the area. Rose’ is the pure essence of pleasure and elegance.
After the manual harvest, soft pressing and fermentation are carried out in steel tanks at a controlled temperature of 16 °C. In the second fermentation the wine destined to the Rose’ version is characterised by a minor addition of sugar in the liqueur de tirage (18 g/l); this results in less gas developed, a greater delicacy and fineness of its perlage, creating an elegant and balanced sensory profile. The wine completes the ageing in bottle on the lees for a minimum period of 24 months, kept in cellars at a constant temperature of 12-15 °C. Following the maturing and ageing, the operations of remuage and dégorgement are performed in the absence of oxygen using a unique method.
The Franciacorta DOCG Rose’ of the Santa Lucia winery is a sparkling “Metodo Classico” Brut (or Traditional Method) perfect as aperitif, but also for the most refined and romantic occasions; it is a Rose’ to be taken seriously, which will be able to stay beside you in a simply perfect way. Excellent in all respects.
Purchase Price £31.00 (incl. VAT and Import Tax)
Purchase Option: Mix&Match
Out of stock
Notify when in stock
- Grapes: 40% Pinot Noir and 60% Chardonnay
- Vintage: 2016
- Soil: rich in sand and silt and typically poor in clay, often with considerable thickness and high permeability. The moraine-originating soil is an enormous wealth of added minerals that forms the basis for the Franciacorta’s high-quality viticulture
- Colour: onion skin with creamy perlage
- Nose: delicately floral, showing fresh fruit
- Taste: elegant, soft, with hints of blackberry and black raspberry coming from the Pinot Noir and well balance from the elegance and the freshness of the Chardonnay
- Vinification/Maturing: after being manual harvested, using small cases, grapes are graded, chilled and soft pressed to preserve the colour and delicacy of the Pinot Noir. First fermentation happens in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature (16 ° C). In the second fermentation (or more precisely malolactic fermentation), the wine intended for the Rose’ is characterised with a lower added sugar content (18 g/l) in the liqueur de triage compared to a Brut (24 g/l), which results in less gas developed and a greater delicacy of taste and finesse of the foam. Bottle ageing on the lees for a period of at least 24 months in cellars at a constant temperature of 12-15 ° C.
- Ageing Potential: it keeps well for several years at the correct storage temperature
- Food Match: excellent with starters and as an aperitif. It is a great match with soft cheese and cured meat appetisers, seafood based starters, pasta or risotto and gourmet pizza!
- Recommended Glass: tulip-shaped glass
Among the 150 “Oscar Labels”, selected over 2000 wine tasted for the “Oscars Sparkling Wines” Gambero Rosso guide
- Minimum order quantity is 3 bottles from any wine
- Total order quantity must be a multiple of 3 bottles from any wine
- Case Only products can be purchased in cases of 6 bottles (and its multiples) only
- Mix&Match products can be purchased individually and mixed to match the total order quantity
- All Purchase prices shown are inclusive of VAT and Import Duties. Shipping charges are excluded and calculated at the Checkout
- Discounts for individual products are shown as separate promo price. Discounts for orders are shown in the Barrel and applied at the Checkout
- FREE gifts and gadgets are shown in the Barrel view and can be added or removed from the order
- FREE Shipping is available for all orders above £99 for mainland UK, and above £350 for all other areas
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.